26.08.2022 07:41
Brian Prince
portfolio

Hi all,

I do most of my traditional sketching in a particular brand's mixed-media sketchbooks, so I thought it'd be fun to try to recreate the distinct grain and tooth of that paper in Rebelle. It's high-resolution and tiles seamlessly. All of the brushes I've tested seem to interact with it nicely. Feel free to import it and use it in your own work:

Note: it doesn't have nanopixel fiber information like the papers Escape Motion sells, since that feature doesn't seem to be available for end-users. I understand this limitation, as I'm sure paper packs are an important source of revenue for EM. Hopefully I'm not breaking the rules by posting custom paper textures!

26.08.2022 08:00
Brian Prince
portfolio

Oh, one quick note: because the texture is so large, if you're working on a screen-res canvas (eg. around 1920x1080) you will probably need to set the scale of the texture to 30 or 40% to keep things looking realistic.

30.08.2022 06:45
LunatiqueRob
portfolio

Thanks for the custom paper! Is it just me, or does it look a lot like the dry wall texture in most American homes? :D

Personally, I'm shocked that with so many custom papers available from Escape Motions, there isn't a single gesso-based canvas. I did try to recreate a couple of Photoshop brushes I love with gesso textures in Rebelle, but that's not nearly as nice as if we could get it on the entire canvas. Maybe I should try to create one myself.

31.08.2022 01:28
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi Brian,

thanks for posting! Sure, we love to see user-created paper textures, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing it with others. :)

Would you mind sharing the # of the color of the paper also?

25.09.2022 09:43
Brian Prince
portfolio

Rob: now that you've pointed it out I can't stop looking for a wall in my house that would make a good paper texture haha. Unfortunately the whole place is done in a pretty shiny semi-gloss (landlords, eh?), which makes it hard to grab a clean shot.

17.12.2023 08:49
Ced1212
portfolio

Merci pour le partage !Commentairea

17.12.2023 08:49
Ced1212
portfolio

Merci pour le partage !Commentairea