solved 
02.04.2024 11:14
sencha
portfolio

Since version 6, your software consistently exports broken .psd files on my machine.
The layer structure is there, but all the layers are empty.

The import function works.

The artwork in rebelle 7:

The artwork, exported as a .psd, opened in ClipStudio Paint:

This forces me to export layer by layer and then adding them on top of each other manually, very time consuming and annoying.

Don't ask me to provide a screenshot of Photoshop, I don't use it and can't afford using it, and Adobe may as well burn with their subscription practices.

Honestly, one must have a lot of patience working through all the kinks and bugs of your software. Again, and I may sound like a broken record, but your development team should know to spend more time on polish and bugfix rather than gimmicks.

Hopefully you'll sort this one out... I love your watercolor simulation and your software would thrive if it wasn't just so buggy.

02.04.2024 11:18
sencha
portfolio

Link to the broken .psd file if you wanna check that yourself.

https://visual.dmt.institute/lesbianshellstribalmud.psd

03.04.2024 01:50
raytan73
portfolio

It is a known issue and reported at least since Rebelle 6. It depends on the program you are using to open the psd. For me Corel Painter, Clip Studio Paint,Krita(I think), would open blank layers, but with Affintiy Photo and another program(forgot which) worked fine. I remember right even their own Flame Painter had the same issue with Rebelle psd. files. I had tested several programs at that time. The post thread is in the forums somewhere.

I do not export anymore but at the time their only solution was to open it in a program where it worked and resave it in that program(for me that was Affinity photo). You can then open it in any program without issue.  I can conform that it works but it's a pain if you have to switch programs frequently.

I  don't think it's an issue that will be solved for awhile or at all.

03.04.2024 02:22
dreamkeeper
portfolio

Krita (5.2.2) loads your image:

03.04.2024 02:28
dreamkeeper
portfolio

... and Flame Painter too.

03.04.2024 09:57
Kell9
portfolio

... and Affinifty Photo 2. :)

03.04.2024 10:18
Kell9
portfolio

... I meant Affinity Photo 2.

However, I also opened your PSD file in Rebelle 7.1.3 and exported it again as psd. Now with CLP it is fine.

Important: In the Preferences -> General –> PSD Option -> Disable PSD Compression must be checked.

06.04.2024 02:03
sencha
portfolio

That seems to solve the issue, thank you so much everyone!