16.06.2024 10:36
BillCry
portfolio

I have been using Rebelle 7.1.7 for weeks now, but two days ago when I opened a new project, I got a black screen. The project was there someplace because when I opened the navigator and the preview panels, the project was visible.  The same was true if I opened a previously completed project: black screen but the project itself could be seen on the navigation and preview panels.  I haven’t changed any preferences. I have deleted and reinstalled the program several times with out result.  I am using a Mac Studio (2023) and Wacom Cintiq 16 Pro.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

17.06.2024 08:59
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi BillCry,

Please try to reproduce the issue and when you get a black screen, turn off NanoPixel in the Visual settings panel.

Does it help?

17.06.2024 01:38
BillCry
portfolio

Thank you for your quick response. Now, I have the opposite problem: the project returns to a white screen and seems okay--until I turn nano pixel back on then it disappears into an all-white screen. I can still see the project in the preview and nav panels, but not on the canvas. When I then turn nano back off, nothing changes...the project does not return to the canvass.  If I then open a previously finished project (without quitting the program) I get the white screen with no project on the canvas, but clearly seen in the preview and nav panels.  As I said earlier, I have been using 7.1.7 for weeks without this issue. Now, it appears that the nano pixel is disabled for some reason. 

17.06.2024 06:16
BillCry
portfolio

The issue persists even if I delete the 7.17 and go back to previous editions of 7 pro.  

17.06.2024 07:05
BillCry
portfolio

Another twist to this issue:  While checking all the settings in Rebelle 7.1.7 I reset my Layout to default the issue disappeared. Nano Pixel worked on and off; old projects were imported with nano on and off, without the black or white issue.  I will keep you posted if the issue comes back.  Again, I want to thank you for your prompt response and if you have any other thought, please let me know.  I tried to send a screen shot of the issue but could not figure out how to include a image into this forum.  

18.06.2024 01:29
Veronika Escape Motions
Team Member portfolio

Hi BillCry,

That is so strange. I am glad the issue is gone after resetting the layout. I will report this to the team, maybe they will come up with why this happened.

If the issue happens again, please send us the following:

- "app.-latesttimestamp-log" file from Help > Show Library folder... > Data > Log (when you are in the Log folder, first close Rebelle before obtaining the latest log)
- "settings.ini" file from Help > Show Library folder... > Data
- save the current user interface layout and send us the file from Help > Show Library folder... > Layouts

Also send us the complete information about your system, especially your graphics card and which update it uses (and when it was last updated): [email protected]

Thanks in advance!