11.10.2024 09:04
LillenArt
portfolio

Hi. I'm Lillen, an indie art student and illustrator.

Lately, I've been wanting my digital art to have a more traditional feeling, so I picked up Rebelle in the Super Sale! First impressions are good. I can see this program being useful for traditional artists wanting to try digital or someone who gets quickly overwhelmed by having too many brushes. It's nice how the same brush can change modes easily (varying levels of blending, erasing). In other programs, you might have several copies of the same brush with slightly different settings, which can take up a lot of space. All the textures so far look very natural to me. It will take some time for me to fully understand the capability of the water / wet media simulation, but I appreciate its inclusion.

For my first test, I re-painted a study I did recently. My usual program is Clip Studio Paint. I will probably be using Rebelle with Clip Studio similarly to how others might use Rebelle with Photoshop. With that said, I would love a bridge plugin for Clip Studio someday.

And here's the final result!

I still need to learn what everything does, but I think once I get comfortable (and loosen up a bit more) this will be a great asset for my nature themed paintings, especially as a base for landscapes / environments and quick speed paintings. Would love any tips the community has for a newbie. Thanks for reading. :)